Update: The deadline for our latest round of applications has passed. What happens next?
Applications will next be be reviewed by our Community Engagement and Investment Committee.
Decisions will be made by March 9.
All applicants will be notified no later than March 11.
Thank you, and please contact us if you have any questions about this process.
2022-23 Community Investment Fund
With the generous financial support of individuals, businesses, organizations and governments of all levels, United Way Yukon provides Community Investment Fund (CIF) grants of up to $10,000 per program/project on an annual basis.
United Way Yukon
- Funds projects and/or programs that benefit Yukon communities and align with our priority areas.
- Has a responsibility to advance reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
- Seeks to make communities measurably better through innovative projects that help address the underlying causes of social issues.
- Works to effect long-term changes, especially those that help address the underlying causes of social problems.
- Seeks out partnerships that mobilize communities, agencies, funders and other sectors to achieve shared goals.
- Ensures that its investment decisions and results are communicated regularly to the community.
- Distributes funding in a fair and equitable way.
The most recent deadline to apply for funding was midnight on February 6, 2022.
Applications will be reviewed by the Community Engagement and Investment Committee (CEIC) in accordance with existing United Way Yukon policies. Its recommendations are subject to final approval by the Board of Directors. Applicants will be contacted by mid March, 2022 on the status of their application.
Last year’s 2021-22 funding covers projects that run until March 31, 2022. The deadline to complete your final report is 30 days after your project ends. If you have completed your 2021-22 Project and wish to apply for 2022-23 funding, please submit your final report before applying for 2022-23 funding. If your 2021-22 project is not completed, and you are applying for 2022-23 funding, please submit an interim report before applying for 2022-23 funding. Note that you will still need to submit a final report once your 2021-22 project is completed.
Three Priority Areas for United Way Yukon Funding
United Way Yukon invests in three priority areas, as well as having a responsibility to advance reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
All that kids can be
Supporting kids and youth with resources to grow up healthy and transition into adulthood.
From poverty to possibility
Building individuals’ financial stability and independence through access to healthy food, affordable housing and employment.
Healthy people, strong communities
Developing the capacity of people to care for themselves and families by creating opportunities and places for social interaction.