Community Investment Fund
With the generous financial support of individuals, businesses, organizations and governments of all levels, United Way Yukon provides Community Investment Fund (CIF) grants of up to $10,000 per program/project on an annual basis.
United Way Yukon:
- Funds projects and/or programs that benefit Yukon communities and align with our priority areas.
- Has a responsibility to advance reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
- Seeks to make communities measurably better through innovative projects that help address the underlying causes of social issues.
- Works to effect long-term changes, especially those that help address the underlying causes of social problems.
- Seeks out partnerships that mobilize communities, agencies, funders and other sectors to achieve shared goals.
- Ensures that its investment decisions and results are communicated regularly to the community.
- Distributes funding in a fair and equitable way
Three Priority Areas for United Way Yukon Funding
United Way Yukon invests in three priority areas. We recommend that all applicants review the following information to help ensure a common understanding of how we want to work with community partners to show our #LocalLove. In addition to the priority areas below, United Way Yukon has a responsibility to advance reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
All that kids can be
Supporting kids and youth with resources to grow up healthy and transition into adulthood.
From poverty to possibility
Building individuals’ financial stability and independence through access to healthy food, affordable housing and employment.
Healthy people, strong communities
Developing the capacity of people to care for themselves and families by creating opportunities and places for social interaction.
Applications will be reviewed by the Community Engagement and Investment Committee (CEIC) in accordance with existing United Way Yukon policies. Its recommendations are subject to final approval by the Board of Directors.
Projects which receive United Way Yukon funding must fulfill some obligations when it comes to reporting and communication.
Here is an example: The form which community groups had to complete for 2020-2021 reporting.
The deadline to complete a final report is 30 days after your project ends. Projects are also asked to send a few pictures of their program in action, to help with future United Way promotion and fundraising. (Exceptions can of course be made to protect client and staff privacy. We can also arrange for a volunteer photographer to visit)